General Construction ... a construction delivery method in which a construction professional is provided with completed plans and contracted by the owner or developer for self-performed construction services, which may include subcontractors.
General Construction Advantages
- The most common delivery method, it offers a linear process to manage for the owner.
- The project scope is fully defined in both design and construction before the project begins.
- Both design team and contractor are accountable to owner.
- The cost, including contractor fee and overhead, is competitively bid to achieve the "best price" for review and acceptance.
"Now that we are off and running again at the Marquette Taco Bell restaurant, I wanted to write you and compliment two people. First of all Tom Helminen is absolutely the best general contractor manager I have ever dealt with. He set a schedule according to my time frame and met every deadline. Every 1-2 weeks he had a very organized meeting with all the sub-contractors. Tom was always totally honest and professional. Randy Riutta is also baring none the best on-site construction superintendent I have ever dealt with. He was always Johnnie-on-the-spot. Always there to answer any and all questions anyone had. Randy was consistently pleasant, fast and accurate."
— Bob Schick, Schick Enterprises, Inc. A Franchisee of Taco Bell
Moyle General Construction
At Moyle, we have been providing quality construction and timely project completion for over 30 years. We apply modern management techniques to assure our clients with strong leadership on a wide range of projects. This makes the construction process easy for our clients at a competitive cost, delivering real value. The depth of our services gives our clients access to the most current and innovative construction solutions and technology. Because we truly understand the owner's perspective, we are able to recognize the critical components required for a successful project that will be completed as accurately, efficiently, and economically as possible, with minimal project disruption and delays. We have extensive experience in General Construction, including:
- East Manistique Infrastructure
- Houghton County Medical Care Alzheimer's & Dementia Addition
- Houghton Elementary School
- Ironwood Area Schools
- Michigan Tech Memorial Union Building Addition
- Michigan Tech Electrical Generating Plant
- Pat's Foods
- River Valley Bank
- Taco Bell
- Veterans Affairs Clinics
- Walmart Store #1936
- Walmart Store #5444
- Walmart Store #2192